High Forest Dental in Littleton, Colorado, understands dentistry can be stressful and terrifying to many patients. To ensure patients with dental fear get the dental care they deserve, Dr. Allison Brown offers sedation dentistry, including oral and nitrous oxide, to provide comfortable, stress-free, and painless dentistry. Don’t postpone or altogether avoid seeing a dentist due to dental anxiety. Contact our office today to take the first step toward overcoming your fears.
Our sedation dentistry options
Dental fear affects many patients, and it can stem from various sources, including past traumatic dental experiences, fear of needles, a strong gag reflex, etc. Dental anxiety often leads to avoidance of dental appointments, compounding your pain and treatment costs.
If you have dental fear, don’t suffer in silence — you can be helped! Dr. Brown uses the sedation dentistry options below to improve your dental experience.
- Nitrous oxide: Commonly known as laughing gas, nitrous oxide is a mild sedation administered by placing a mask over your nose. This sedation works immediately and doesn’t put you to sleep. Nitrous oxide makes you feel calm and carefree to undergo dental treatment without nervousness. Some people even feel euphoric, hence its nickname! Nitrous oxide is safe for all patients, including children and those with special needs. This sedation type is also liked because its effects wear off immediately after removing the mask, meaning you can go on about your day after treatment
- Oral sedation: Sometimes, overcoming your dental fear involves taking a simple pill like Valium about an hour before your appointment. This sedation type gives you deep relaxation, but you still remain awake to communicate with our team. Oral sedation makes you lose track of time, making it ideal for lengthy and complex procedures. Furthermore, many patients remember little about their treatment, so they no longer have to be haunted by the anxiety-inducing noises and smells. Since oral sedatives take time to leave your body system, ensure someone accompanies you to and from our office
It’s worth noting that sedation dentistry doesn’t replace anesthetics. If your procedure requires anesthesia, we’ll still do that to maximize your comfort. Our team is specifically trained to rigorously adhere to sedation dentistry protocols to ensure safe and successful results.
Benefits of sedation dentistry
If you are one of those people who dread dental visits, anxiety-free dentistry is an excellent option for you. Sedation dentistry overcomes your dental fears to help you get the much-deserved dental care.
Below are the many pros of sedation dental care.
- Effectively kicks anxiety out of dentistry
- It’s safe when administered by a trained professional
- It minimizes actual or perceived pain during treatment
- Reduces gag reflex
- Faster treatment as you remain calm as the dentist works on you
- Improved oral health
Anxiety-free dentistry near me
So, you’ve been putting off much-needed dental work because of dental fear?
You no longer have to jeopardize your oral health — help is just one call away. Please dial (303) 951-3717 to talk to Dr. Allison Brown of High Forest Dental.
We make your dental visits as comfortable as possible so you may keep coming back.
Share this Article